We places high priority on protecting nature and conserving natural resources.
Capital Catering GmbH and the Brand Prime Catering are a subsidiary of Messe Berlin GmbH and pursue common principles:
The company makes every effort to use resources sparingly and practice environmental protection based on the principle that economic thinking and actions can achieve environmental benefits.
With this in mind, daily processes are continuously adapted to the latest scientific findings and further developed:
Ground „Messe Berlin“
- As a result of careful energy management and targeted investments, the amount of fuel used for heating and air conditioning was reduced by 23% and CO2 emissions were lowered by 27% from 2005 to 2013.
- More than 30% of the electrical power required by Messe Berlin is produced by environment-friendly combined heat and power (CHP) systems. Over 40% of the heat energy is produced by burning carbon-neutral wood pellets.
- Service providers are selected based on their ability to meet the latest environmental protection standards.
- Discount monthly passes are made available to encourage the use of public transport by Messe Berlin employees.
- Brochures, forms and other documents are made available for download in order to reduce paper usage.
- Materials that are recyclable, biodegradable or reusable are generally used in all work processes.
The requirements of our exhibitors and event organzers have a significant impact on our subsidiary, Capital Catering GmbH (CCG), and the services it offers. Depending on the season, local fruit and vegetables can be provided on request, thus minimizing delivery distances and fuel consumption. Organic produce can also be supplied on request.
Capital Catering GmbH follows the following ecological principles:
- CCG uses re-usable tableware only. If organizers request disposable tableware, CCG supplies compostable tableware and wooden cutlery.
- PET bottles are collected or, alternatively, water dispensers can be made available.
- All the pass-through dishwashers are equipped with reverse osmosis units to reduce water consumption.
- Care is taken to ensure that all new kitchen equipment is designed to conserve water and energy.
- Individual, pre-packed portions are restricted as far as possible in order to reduce waste
- If possible, we choose regional suppliers and partners
More information about environmental protection at „Messe Berlin“ and subsidiaries here: Messe Berlin Environmental Protection